Assessment and Evaluation Department Coordinator
Fatma graduated from Hacettepe University’s Educational Sciences Faculty, Assessment and Evaluation in Education Department. Holds a Masters Degree in Educational Management, Inspection and Planning from Yeditepe University. She has been working in this area for 14 years.
Phone: 0 216 585 62 00 extension: 6532
Assessment and Evaluation Specialist
Emel N. Edip
Emel graduated from Hacettepe University Educational Sciences Faculty, Assessment and Evaluation in Education Department. She has been working in this area for 11 years.
Phone: 0 216 585 62 00 extension: 6428
Assessment and Evaluation Department aims to ensure the following in line with VKV Koç Primary and Middle School’s mission and vision.
Use the terms related to Assessment and Evaluation discipline correctly and have the teachers of this school adopt a common language.
Set common principles and criteria for the grades reflected in student report cards,
Develop and diversify assessment tools
Enhance the quality of exam questions
Prepare a question pool with original and high quality questions
Evaluate the results of educational process and provide feedback about the efficiency of education programs
Keep track of innovations in the field of Assessment and Evaluation, and organize in-service trainings for teachers about the subjects they need.
Provide the teachers with advisory support in all Assessment and Evaluation activities.
Assessment and Evaluation Department aims to plan and develop educational programs in line with VKV Koç Primary and Middle School’s mission and vision, and to carry out work to collect and evaluate the data that will constitute grounds for the decisions to be taken in various stages of educational processes.
Our department focuses not only on assessing the behaviors related to remembering, understanding, implementing, analyzing, evaluating and creating, but also on the skills like critical thinking, entrepreneurship, self-management, cooperation and team work, creative thinking, communication, investigation, etc.. For this reason, process- and result-based approaches are adopted in educational assessment and evaluation work.
In process-based evaluation, teachers are provided with support in the preparation of performance assignments, projects, portfolio work principles and techniques, and rubrics, checklists, grading scales, observation forms, etc. are prepared in cooperation with teachers.
In result-based evaluation, teachers are provided with support to prepare exams adhering to assessment principles and techniques, by using question types like open-ended/long answer, multiple choice, open-ended/short answer, matching and true/false. In the end of the exam process, necessary test and item analyses are made, and the results are shared with the relevant departments and units. The exam result documents prepared after the exam provide feedback for the students and the parents.
With the assessment and evaluation system we set up in our school, we are trying to carry out a process that will promote education quality, ease decision-making processes for teachers and administrators, motivate students about learning and keep the parents informed about the school work.
- Grading work for exams, projects and performance tasks stated in MEB Elementary Education Institutions Regulation (i.e. Participation in Class and Activities Score and Performance Assignment Score) is carried out cooperatively with departments and level groups in accordance with assessment principles and techniques.
- School-specific criteria for the calculation of Participation in Class and Activities Score are determined and grading is carried out accordingly.
- Scientific support is provided to ensure that projects, performance assignments, rubrics and portfolio preparation and implementation processes are carried out systematically in the whole school in accordance with assessment principles and techniques.
- Teachers of grades 4-5 are given scientific support in the preparation of exam questions.
- It is ensured that General Assessment exams are prepared and conducted in grades 4-8 in the end of first and second semesters.
- Test and item analyses are carried out after the exams. Results of analyses are shared with relevant departments, and guidance is provided in interpreting the analyses.
- Questions for the school’s Question Pool are prepared and developed cooperatively with the teachers.
- In-service training programs on assessment and evaluation are prepared and implemented as needed by the teachers.
- Other assessment and evaluation work activities are carried out as requested by the school administration.